Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friendship for Grown-Ups

For my first book review I have requested is "Friendship for Grownups" by Lisa Whelchel. If you're old enough, you may remember Lisa as the character "Blair" on the Facts of Life. I certainly remember her, I watched the show every week! "Blair" was the rich, slightly snobby girl in the all-girls dorm where the show was set.

Lisa recently visited my church for a woman's group event, and I was very touched by her testimony and life story. She has always been a Christian, even growing up in Hollywood with her guardians rotating (her family stayed in Texas). Since the show ended, she got married to a pastor and had three children in three years! She is a homeschooling mother and has recently joined the Women of Faith, touring the country sharing her testimony. Personally, I was very touched by her words when she was at my church, and felt a connection with her story about how hard it is to make a true friend. I have high hopes for her newest book.

No comments:

Post a Comment