Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Same Kind of Different as Me

I received a free copy of "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore through Thomas Nelson Publishers Booksneeze.com book review blogger program. I must admit that it took me a long time to get into this book. The writing is gritty and true to the story, which is a good thing, as it adds to the authenticity of the story. However, I am one who needs to get used to a different form of writing before being able to focus on the story being told. This true story tells of a homeless man who meets an art dealer who changes his life forever and is written by the men who lived it. The men took turns telling the story within the book, which I found slightly hard to follow. There were many times that I became frustrated and had to take a break from the book altogether. To learn more about the story, the people involved, or the artwork involved you can check out their website at: http://www.samekindofdifferntasme.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment