Monday, August 15, 2011

Smack Dab in the Middle of God's Love

Smack Dab in the Middle of God's Love is a delightful children's book by Brennan Manning and John Blase. Based in Hupi, Mexico the book introduces us to a couple that is full of love for all the children of their neighborhood. Ana makes sopapillas with the children and they put honey "smack dab" in the middle to make them even better. Once full of their sweet delicacy, the children and Willie Juan begin to talk about God's love. The story is sweet, at the level of about a 6-7 year old and the illustrations are beautiful. I loved this book, and I am certain I will hear my daughter use the phrase "smack dab" often after reading this book with her.

I received this book for free through Thomas Nelson Publishing's Booksneeze blogger program. I am not required to provide a positive review, and the thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment