Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hermie A Common Caterpillar

I downloaded a complementary copy of Hermie A Common Caterpillar through the Booksneeze blogger program. My three-year-old and almost two-year-old love reading books on my Nook Color, and I'm always on the lookout for new ones~especially books with Bibically sound storylines. I was a little disappointed that the book didn't seem to be formatted especially for an e-reader. Instead of having the illustrations large and within the story it has some of the story, then a small picture followed by more of the story. I was reading it to my three-year-old, and she very quickly lost interest, and I think that is one of the reasons. If the illustrations were larger she would have been more interested in the pictures and therefore the story as well. I personally think the story is wonderful for children. Hermie and his friend, Wormie feel common compared to the other creatures they meet, but God consistantly tells them they are wonderful as they are and He is not done with them yet. Overall, it is a great book, with a theme that every child should hear often~you are wonderful just as you are, and God is not finished with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment