Tuesday, October 11, 2011

His Steadfast Love


I recently downloaded a complementary copy of the eBook His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons through the Booksneeze blogger program at Thomas Nelson Publishing in exchange for a review. I was not required to provide a positive review, and all opinions are my own. 

If you enjoy Historical Christian Fiction, you will probably like this book. It is set in the civil war era and is centered around Amanda Belle, a southern woman who is torn between her love of a Union soldier, her brother, who is a Confederate soldier, and the life she has always known on a farm full of slaves. 

The beginning of the book felt a bit rushed to me, with long periods of time elapsing between paragraphs within a chapter. A whole year went by in the first 45 pages! Despite that, I found myself enjoying the characters and empathizing with their situation. Overall, I think it was a well written book, and I would probably read more by Golden Keyes Parsons if given the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment