Sunday, December 25, 2011

First Date



Addy Davidson is the last girl in the country who wants to be on the new reality TV show to win a date to prom with the President’s son. She’s focused on her schoolwork so she can get a scholarship to an Ivy League college, uncomfortable in the spotlight, never been on a date, and didn’t even audition for it.
But she got selected anyway.
So she does her best to get eliminated on the very first show… right before she realizes that the President’s son is possibly the most attractive guy she has ever seen in person, surprisingly nice, and seemingly unimpressed by the 99 other girls who are throwing themselves at him.
Addy’s totally out of her comfort zone—but that may be right where God can show her the most about who she is . . . and who she was meant to be.

 When I read the summary of this book on Booksneeze's website, I though it sounded like a great book. When I finally finished my last book and found First Date on the list of available eBook titles, I was excited. There were only two reviews for it, but it only average 2 1/2 stars which made me a little weary, but I requested it anyway. I am so glad I did! I loved this book. 

The "good guy" characters a loving and sweet, causing the reader to root for them to succeed. The "mean girls" (and guy) are mean enough that at the beginning, the reader wants them to fail, but after walking with Addy and seeing her lovingly reach out to them we're left kind of rooting for them too. The book has a cute storyline and is fast-paced enough to keep the reader interested without moving too quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and hope to read more from Krista McGee in the future.

 I received a complimentary copy of First Date through Thomas Nelson Publishing's Booksneeze blogging program in exchange for an honest review.

1 comment:

Kara said...

thank you for giving this book a chance despite the other reviews, I'm also interested in reviewing it and I was happy you enjoyed it :) blessings! kara

Post a Comment