Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Broken Wings



Angels with wings of blade. Demons with renewed sight. And a girl who has never been more broken.
Brielle has begun to see the world as it really is, a place where angels intermingle with humans. But just when she thinks she’s got things under control, the life she’s pieced together begins to crumble.
Her boyfriend, Jake, is keeping something from her. Something important.
And her overprotective father has turned downright hostile toward Jake. Brielle fears she’ll have to choose between the man who’s always loved her and the one who’s captured her heart.
Then she unearths the truth about her mother’s death and the nightmare starts. Brielle begins seeing visions of mysterious and horrible things.
What she doesn’t know is that she’s been targeted. The Prince of Darkness himself has heard of the boy with healing in his hands and of the girl who saw through the Terrestrial veil. When he pulls the demon Damien from the fiery chasm and sends him back to Earth with new eyes, the stage is set for the ultimate battle of good versus evil.
Brielle has no choice. She must master the weapons she’s been given. She must fight.
But can she fly with broken wings?

I received a complimentary copy of Broken Wings through the Thomas Nelson Publishing Booksneeze Blogger Program in exchanged for an honest review. 
This book is the second in a trilogy. I did not read the first one, but decided to go for this one. It is certainly an interesting concept; celestial world coexisting with our world but we cannot see them. I found myself confused throughout most of this book because I hadn't read the first in the trilogy. Had I read the first, I would have appreciated that it wasn't redundant by constantly reviewing what had already happened. However, not having read the first one, every time the author referred to "the warehouse" I didn't know what she was talking about. I got the gist of it by the end of the book, but spent a good 100 pages trying to piece it together. I also was pretty disappointed in the ending-or lack of an ending. My Nook said I had 15 pages to figure out what would happen and when I turned the page it was the reading guide! I hate that! I know, it's a trilogy and if I want to know the end I have to read the third book. It would have been nice to have SOME type of conclusion though. I felt like I was left high and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment